Trapdoor Spider Substrate
- 1500g pre-mixed natural clay-based substrate, moist and ready to use.
- Provides an excellent medium for burrowing spiders and enhances burrow stability in captivity.
- Suitable for trapdoor spiders including Arbanitis spp, Cataxia spp, Euoplos spp. Idiommata spp. and many others.
- Pre-frozen to eliminate pests and parasites.
Directions for use
- Fill enclosure to appropriate level for species and specimen size.
- Lightly compact the substrate using your hand or flat object.
- Create a pilot hole for the spider to begin the burrow (using a finger or pencil). The hole should be slightly wider than the spider's body profile.
- Introduce the spider into the hole.
- Maintain the substrate moisture by spraying or adding small volumes of water as required. Avoid over watering as the substrate will become sodden and muddy.